Yum errors RHEL

When trying to do a yum install I got errors when actually trying to download

yum install mysql-server
Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager
Updating certificate-based repositories.
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
–> Running transaction check
—> Package mysql-server.x86_64 0:5.1.73-8.el6_8 will be installed
–> Processing Dependency: mysql = 5.1.73-8.el6_8 for package: mysql-server-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64
–> Processing Dependency: libcrypto.so.10(libcrypto.so.10)(64bit) for package: mysql-server-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64
–> Processing Dependency: libssl.so.10(libssl.so.10)(64bit) for package: mysql-server-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64
–> Processing Dependency: perl-DBD-MySQL for package: mysql-server-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64
–> Running transaction check
—> Package mysql.x86_64 0:5.1.73-8.el6_8 will be installed
–> Processing Dependency: mysql-libs = 5.1.73-8.el6_8 for package: mysql-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64
—> Package openssl.x86_64 0:1.0.0-20.el6_2.3 will be updated
—> Package openssl.x86_64 0:1.0.1e-57.el6 will be an update
—> Package perl-DBD-MySQL.x86_64 0:4.013-3.el6 will be installed
–> Running transaction check
—> Package mysql-libs.x86_64 0:5.1.61-1.el6_2.1 will be updated
—> Package mysql-libs.x86_64 0:5.1.73-8.el6_8 will be an update
–> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================================================
Installing:
mysql-server x86_64 5.1.73-8.el6_8 rhel-x86_64-server-6 8.6 M
Installing for dependencies:
mysql x86_64 5.1.73-8.el6_8 rhel-x86_64-server-6 895 k
perl-DBD-MySQL x86_64 4.013-3.el6 rhel-x86_64-server-6 134 k
Updating for dependencies:
mysql-libs x86_64 5.1.73-8.el6_8 rhel-x86_64-server-6 1.2 M
openssl x86_64 1.0.1e-57.el6 rhel-x86_64-server-6 1.5 M

Transaction Summary
================================================================================
Install 3 Package(s)
Upgrade 2 Package(s)

Total download size: 12 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:

 

Error Downloading Packages:
mysql-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64: failed to retrieve getPackage/mysql-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64.rpm from rhel-x86_64-server-6
error was [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 503”
perl-DBD-MySQL-4.013-3.el6.x86_64: failed to retrieve getPackage/perl-DBD-MySQL-4.013-3.el6.x86_64.rpm from rhel-x86_64-server-6
error was [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 503”
mysql-libs-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64: failed to retrieve getPackage/mysql-libs-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64.rpm from rhel-x86_64-server-6
error was [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 503”
openssl-1.0.1e-57.el6.x86_64: failed to retrieve getPackage/openssl-1.0.1e-57.el6.x86_64.rpm from rhel-x86_64-server-6
error was [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 503”
mysql-server-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64: failed to retrieve getPackage/mysql-server-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64.rpm from rhel-x86_64-server-6
error was [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 503”

error was [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 503”

Even a yum repolist had intermittant errors

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rhel-x86_64-server-6. Please verify its path and try again

I tried various things like yum clean all and even removing the rpm db and remaking it.

The fix

In the end I found a similar RHEL box that was working and checked what yum would be updated to  :-

yum update yum
Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager
Updating certificate-based repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
–> Running transaction check
—> Package yum.noarch 0:3.2.29-30.el6 will be updated
—> Package yum.noarch 0:3.2.29-81.el6 will be an update
–> Processing Dependency: python-urlgrabber >= 3.9.1-10 for package: yum-3.2.29-81.el6.noarch
–> Running transaction check
—> Package python-urlgrabber.noarch 0:3.9.1-8.el6 will be updated
—> Package python-urlgrabber.noarch 0:3.9.1-11.el6 will be an update
–> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================================================
Updating:
yum noarch 3.2.29-81.el6 rhel-x86_64-server-6 1.0 M
Updating for dependencies:
python-urlgrabber noarch 3.9.1-11.el6 rhel-x86_64-server-6 86 k

Transaction Summary
================================================================================
Upgrade 2 Package(s)

Total download size: 1.1 M
Is this ok [y/N]: N
Exiting on user Command

Then I searched for those packages on our Redhat Satelitte server

locate yum | grep 3.2.29-81 | grep rpm/var/satellite/redhat/NULL/370/yum/3.2.29-81.el6/noarch/3702066d6cc553db72e489daa1d8151db6af604657e47dee229c0acfa5ccab62/yum-3.2.29-81.el6.noarch.rpm
/var/satellite/redhat/NULL/dab/yum-cron/3.2.29-81.el6/noarch/dab067a9e2f5be14cc74f9af04c0415ff10eecf24bb095da124bc2acf78d7530/yum-cron-3.2.29-81.el6.noarch.rpm

locate urlgrabber | grep 3.9.1-11.el6 | grep rpm/var/satellite/redhat/NULL/4dd/python-urlgrabber/3.9.1-11.el6/noarch/4dd271d930e48809b7ab2832f1029fafc7c2268af018f27217c42f3d2c398835/python-urlgrabber-3.9.1-11.el6.noarch.rpm

Then scp’d them over to the faulty box /var/tmp and did a manual rpm -Uvh with them

Now yum install and yum repolist work without any issues

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *